Thursday, October 28, 2010

Prodigals


FLEEING FROM YOU

Fleeing from you,
nothing he sees
of Your preceding
as he flees.

Choosing his own path
how could he know
Your hand directs
Where he shall go.

Thinking he's free,
"free at last,"
unaware that Your hand
holds him fast.

Poor prodigal!
seeking a "where"from
"whence,"
how does one escape
Omnipotence?

Waiting for darkness
to hide in night,
not knowing, with You
dark is as light.
                                                                         --Ruth Bell Graham
                                          


"I can never escape from your spirit!  I can never get away from your presence!  If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the place of the dead, you are there.  If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me.   I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night--but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.  To you the night shines as bright as day.  Darkness and light are both alike to you."  Psalm 139:7-12   (See also Luke 15)

2 comments:

  1. What a comfort to know He is persuing our prodigals...No matter where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Franklin was one of her prodigals; ought to give us all hope!

    ReplyDelete