Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Prayer, a Place of Rest


                                         
"...There is only one kind of person who can really pray, and that is the childlike saint, the simple, stupid, supernatural child of God; I do mean 'stupid.' Immediately you try to explain why God answers prayer on the ground of reason, it is nonsense; God answers prayer on the ground of Redemption and on no other ground.  Let us never forget that our prayers are heard, not because we are in earnest, not because we suffer, but because Jesus suffered.  It is because our Lord Jesus Christ went through the depths of agony to the last ebb in the Garden of Gethsemane, because He went through Calvary, that we have 'boldness to enter into the holy place.'"   If Ye Shall Ask... excerpt from ch. 2 by Oswald Chambers

What a place of rest!  Knowing that He has made the way for our prayers to be answered.  Romans 8:32 promises:  "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" All things!!...  Today I ask for the souls of my children and I know that it is His will for them to be saved and so, because of His redemptive work, and in spite of my own inadequacy, I look with hope for the answers to my prayers."


   
Painting by Greg Olson



I couldn't find the name of the artist of the painting of Jesus in Gethsemane.  I found it on Google images used on other blogs.  I chose it because it seemed to show Jesus agony and yet, even there in the Garden of Gethsemane, His face was lifted to His heavenly Father and He was yielded.  I would like to give credit if anyone knows the name of the artist. 

1 comment:

  1. I join you in this prayer for all our family yet to come to a committed relationship with our Savior.

    ReplyDelete