Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Little Way of Ruthie Leming by Rod Dreher

I recently read The Little Way of Ruthie Leming by Rod Dreher.  It was a very moving book and touched me deeply in several ways.  It is the story of Mr. Dreher's sister, a teacher who was much loved in her community who died of lung cancer.  Having lost my much loved Dad to lung cancer a couple years ago, I related deeply to this story and woke up with puffy eyes from crying while I read the night before on more than one occasion.  I am not normally a crying person, but this really touched me.  The wonderful thing about this book is that it isn't just a book about Ruthie but an intriguing book about family, community, roots and faith.  Beautifully written and moving, this book left me with lots to ponder and rethink.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment